Problems with home computers becoming more popular - they are in 51 percent of all households compared to 62 percent in the last decade, according to Hamilton College - new forms of malicious spyware and viruses have been created. .
Some typical situations that we support:
- My monitor is blank. I do not see anything on it.
- My PC hangs whenever I open a large file.
- My computer really slows down after getting online.
- I am having trouble with the sound on my computer.
- My screen goes blank after using my PC for a few minutes.
- I can't hear any sound when I play a DVD on my computer.
- My system is continually asking me to press F1 for help.
- My system keeps starting in safe mode only.
- All of my applications are taking forever to open.
- It takes 5 minutes to get my regular desktop page.
- How can I clear my temporary Internet files?
- My color printer is printing in black and white.
- How can I set up printing preferences for a document?
- How do I add a new printer to my computer?
- My print jobs appear in the print queue but do not print.
- How do I upload and share pictures from my digital camera?
- How do I print pictures from my digital camera?
- How do I install an Hp, Brother, Dell, Epson, Lexmark, Cannon or Kodak printer?
- How do I set up email using Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows email or Mac email?
- How do I sync my with the contact list in my computer?
Why my computer is slow?
Many things can cause a slow running computer. Often times, a slow computer can be fixed and restored back to it's original speed. Repairing a PC can save a lot of money over the alternative of buying a new computer. Below are a few of the main causes of a slow computer that ComputerTooSlow.com can help repair.
- Virus - The most common reason for a slow computer is a virus.
- Spyware - The next most common reason for a slow computer is spyware or malware.
- Cluttered Registry - A computer's registry can become cluttered over time and this clutter can bog down a computer.
- Fragmentation - Fragmentation causes a hard drive to run slower and fragmentation will build up over time.
- Unnecessary Services - Services are programs that are continuously running in the background of Windows and are doing different tasks that Windows needs done. There are a lot of these services and they can use a lot of resources.
- Dirty Computer Case - The inside of a computer tower can get dusty over time. This dust will cause the cooling equipment to not work as efficiently as possible.
- Low Memory - A lack of memory can cause major problems.
- Low Hard Disk Space - A lack of disk space can cause a hard drive to run inefficiently. This is especially true when the computer is also lacking enough memory.